September 18, 2012

Awesome Finds.

I have been enjoying holiday bliss since yesterday and it has been awesome.
I have been scouring everywhere for things i can do/read during the holiday, so here they are:

1. thebeautydepartment.com
the girls behind thebeautydepartment
It's a site run by Lauren Conrad, Kristin Ess, and Amy Nadine. Basically, it covers all of your how-to's from hair-dying, nail-polishing, sewing, and other crazy stuff.
One of my favorite things they did was this wavy hair tip:


As I was trying to copy Fearne Cotton's look

LOOK HOW PRETTY IT IS!!!!
2. Yogurberry

This has been the highlight of my holiday so far. 
Basically, it's a frozen yoghurt shop in Eastwood (north part of Sydney) 
And you make your own yoghurt and put your own toppings on them and they WEIGH them.
And it's super cheap! 20 cents for 10 grams? 

this cost me $5
Also, they have super nice flavors like Taro, Strawberry, Mango, Green Apple, Passionfruit and Plain.

3. DIY Cushion Case Tutorial

If you're like me, then you'll know just how tempting a trip to the IKEA fabric store is.
They have super cute stuff like you just wouldn't believe
And more often than not, I will just buy 2 or 3 of them (1 meter will coss about 4.99 - 9.99)
to make a cushion cover.
I am in a process of making new ones for my couch, will update more on that!

You can find the tutorial I use here

4. Strawberries!

Spring is coming, and Strawberry season is upon us!
I have been OD-ing on Strawberries ever since they were on sale for $1.60 a punnet. 



I have been putting them on my raisin toast, my smoothies..



You can find more recipes on healthy smoothies here


No comments:

Post a Comment