September 21, 2011

How I Met Your Insecurities


It's HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER Season 7 Premiere!!!!!!
I am super excited.
They had a back-to-back episodes, and I think it was exceptionally nice.
I miss Ted and Robin and Lily and Marshall and Barney. Especially Barney.
So this season opener brings us the shock that is Barney's wedding in the upcoming future.
Last season, (season 6) lacked that something that all the previous seasons had,
and there, Ted said to Robin:
"...I used to believe in destiny, you know? I go to the bagel place see a pretty girl in line, reading my favorite novel, whistling the song that's been stuck in my head all week. And I think 'wow, Hey, maybe she's the one' and now I think 'I just know that bitch is gonna take the last wholewheat everything bagel.."
"...I stopped believing. Not in some depressed-I'm-gonna-cry-during-my-toast-way. 
Not in a way that I even noticed until tonight. 
It's just, every day I believe a little less, and a little less, and a little less... and that sucks."
And that was what lacking.
Maybe it's the hopeless romantic in me, but this is Ted Mosby.
THE Ted Mosby who stole a blue french horn for Robin, a girl he went out just for one date,
the guy who built a house for his future wife and kids. Swoon much?

Then,  Robin responds by:
"You start believing again. Chemistry. If you have chemistry you only need one other thing... Timing."
And I feel eerily familiar to the things he is feeling.
I feel like I have changed. A lot. I feel like it is getting harder to be happy, to trust people, and just to enjoy life. There are so many things to worry about.
I used to believe that when I see someone, I see that he/she is a great friend, and now when I see new people I just know that he/she is going to be disappointing/liars/whatnots.
And the point is, all of us have lost our beliefs in things, whether it's love, other people, or the newspaper, or <insert thing here>
And it's not hard to feel lonely when you alienate yourself from all of these people.
And I don't know :(
Well that's all my rambles for today... Be back soon :*

No comments:

Post a Comment